Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Some respite from glycerine

The blockbuster serial 'Buniyaad' is making it's way back into our bedrooms. To start telecast from January 26 on Sahara One, the 'baaps' of all serials would again entertain the whole new generation of Indians. I don't remember any of the episodes I might have watched when it was aired for the first time but I remember Alok Nath being called Haveli Ram since then. And then came an opportunity to see the magnum opus again on Siti Channel as the cable operator decided to rerun it. A few episodes I could catch seemed interesting and fast paced. I hope this time I won't miss the charm of a serial free from glycerine and special sound effects. And definitely a straight and simple script.
Another good news is that cartoon channels have again started going in for Indian folk tales with the likes of Akbar-Birbal (on Cartoon network at 10.00 am, Sunday) and Alaadin making rounds. Thank God, atleast kids are getting some good stuff to watch.

1 comment:

archana said...

hi all! This is the first time i am on a blog. Just testing

Archana